SYRIAN SPEAKER PANEL on 5/14 IN ELMHURST
The war in Syria has led to a devastating humanitarian crisis for hundreds of thousands of men, women and children.
On Monday May 14, an impressive panel of experts who work with refugees and directly with those in Syria tell us what we can do to help:
• Suzanne Akhras Sahloul, Executive Director & Founder, Syrian Community Network
• Becky Caroll, Co-Founder of #StandWithAleppo and Ambassador Board Member of MedGlobal
• Jims Porter, Policy & Communications Coordinator, Refugee One.
Join us May 14 (7-8:45 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 232 S. York, Elmhurst),
RSVP by clicking HERE
REFUGEE ONE DONATION DRIVE
P4C is promoting and collecting for an important donation drive from Refugee One. Refugee kids here don't have swim gear but YOU can help them have a good summer!
URGENT: swimsuits needed most...look at Target (click link HERE) for sizes needed; requests online are child specific. You can contribute through Target or bring items to our May 14th meeting. Still half of the items needed: Beach 🏖towels, 🚲 helmets, bike 🔒 locks, swim 🏊 suits.
P4C ACTION COMMITTEES
Join a group of fellow members to learn, give input, and decide actions through 1 of our 3 new Committees:
1) Education/Mission - focus on issues (environment, health care, immigration/refugees, civil rights / discrimination, etc.)
2) Outreach - focus on outreach to other NGOs, youth groups, women's march groups, etc. to further our impact
3) Elections - focus on education efforts around upcoming elections
FIRST MEETING TOMORROW OF EDUCATION / MISSION - everyone is welcome to come, listen, participate as you'd like to. This meeting will be mostly discussion around what we want to do and what the group thinks P4C needs to focus on.
Tomorrow, May 7, 7:30- 8:45p at Elmhurst Public Library
Other Committee meetings to follow so stay tuned via email, Facebook or our webpage calendar.